John Garey is the creator of John Garey TV. He is also the Founder of John Garey Fitness & Pilates. John is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through NSCA and earned his MS in Physical Education from New York University.
As a Master Instructor Trainer for Merrithew™, John is an integral part of the programming team specializing in their premiere brand, STOTT PILATES®, as well as, CORE™ Athletic Conditioning and Performance Training. John is also certified by the Pilates Method Alliance, as well as a Personal Trainer from the American Council on Exercise.
John has starred in hundreds of Fitness and Pilates videos. He is an International Pilates and Fitness Presenter, teaching instructors in more than 14 countries and counting, and throughout the USA. He has contributed to and appeared in many international publications, including Pilates Style Magazine, Men's Fitness, Shape, GQ, and the LA Times.
Where I'm Going
- June 9-11, 2017 Contrologia, Rio, Brazil
- June 23-25 "Akromoving People Event in Madrid, Spain"
- September 30, October 1, 2017 Fall Conference, John Garey Fitness and Pilates, Long Beach, CA
- October 25-28, 2017 PMA Conference, Indian Wells, CA
- December 2-3, 2017, Winter Conference, John Garey Fitness & Pilates, Long Beach, CA
What I'm Reading
- The One Thing by Gary W. Keller, Jay Papasan
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Basin
- The Four Agreements
Some Of My Favorites
- Your Health: A Corrective System of Exercising that Revolutionizes the Entire Field of Physical Education by Joseph Pilates
- Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning (Third Edition) by Thomas R. Baechle and Roger W. Earle
- Atlas of Anatomy (Second Edition) by Thieme Publishers
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling